I want to insure a single propertyGet Quotes
Student Landlord Insurance
See how much your could save
Select your quote option below or
Interest free instalments
20 different insurers
Free comparison website
Bespoke landlords policies
These policies are not available on comparison websites
If you are a landlord, you might specialise in letting to students. Therefore, it might be worthwhile investigating the various student landlord insurance options available to make sure you get the most appropriate cover for your needs.
What is student landlord insurance?
Landlord insurance is typically a legal requirement of your let property mortgage so you need to make sure you have appropriate cover.
Whether you to simply let out a room in your house to a student or you have a dedicated property being rented to students, typically you will need to make sure:
- you have informed your mortgage company that your property or part of it is being rented – this could impact on your mortgage agreement;
- you have landlord insurance - simple home insurance is not suitable for let properties even if only one room is being let in your own home.
What to look for in student landlord insurance?
A student landlord insurance will cover risks that a normal home insurance policy won’t cover. There are different financial and insurance risks associated with being a landlord and this is reflected in the protection offered:
These risks could include*:
- student / tenant damage to property;
- student / tenant absconding without paying rent;
- loss or damage caused by theft;
- property being vandalised by the tenant;
- and so on.
* Not all risks are covered as standard.
Making sure you have suitable cover will give you peace of mind that in the event of a claim, the insurance does its job.
Why choose us?
UKinsuranceNET has been insuring landlords, including student landlords, since 2001 and we have tens of thousands of property landlords under cover with us.
Why not give us a call or use our online insurance platform to get the most cost effective and comprehensive cover for your needs?
Being online means we are able to pass on cost savings direct to you - so we can save you money on your premiums. As well as this, because we are experts in the landlord insurance market, we are able to develop and offer new products and schemes that may typically not be available anywhere else.