RSA Landlords Insurance

house 270px 1

Up to 35% no claims discount for careful landlords

Cover available for property undergoing renovation

Get Multi Quotes online now

Get Quotes

Call now on and Quote Ref WS2


  • Save up to 30% on your renewal premium
  • Up to £20k free contents cover available
  • Many tenant types acceptable
  • 25% multi building discount available
  • Greatest buy to let deals available
  • Up to 13 weeks cover for vacant properties

RSA landlords insurance

You might know it better as Royal and Sun Alliance, but however you call this insurance provider, RSA landlords insurance has the pedigree befitting a British insurer with a history dating back to the early years of the 19th century.

Why is specialist cover required?

What makes RSA landlords insurance specialist cover?

Where standard forms of property insurance might be used to safeguard a home more or less permanently occupied by its owner, landlord insurance is the specialist cover required once that home is occupied by tenants – it is not the building that has changed, but the use t which the property is put and by whom it is being occupied.

Use and occupation of a building as let property, in other words, requires a form of insurance which recognises that use – essentially because the risks to which let property is exposed are different in nature and order from those facing an owner occupied home, but also because the landlord has particular business interests to conserve (not least of which is the income stream from rents). 

Although it is specialist cover, you may be pleasantly surprised to discover how affordable it might be – take a look at our quote and buy service, for example, to find out more.

What does the specialist insurance cover?

Landlord insurance is marked out for being special thanks to its role in safeguarding the business interests of the owner of buy to let property. In order to protect those interests, therefore, the insurance typically covers the investment in the capital assets of the business (the let property and the landlord’s contents) and other risks which threaten its commercial viability.

To these ends, the cover typically:

Protects the structure and fabric of the building or buildings against such major threats as fire, storm damage, flooding, escape of water, impacts and vandalism;

Protects contents owned by the landlord – possibly extending cover to accidental damage and to loss or damage to furnishings, appliances and equipment installed by the landlord in a fully furnished letting;

Offers compensation – up to prescribed limits – for any loss of rental income following an insured event which leaves the property temporarily uninhabitable; and

Public liability – also known as landlord’s or property owner’s liability – indemnity.

Why choose landlord insurance policy from RSA?

What might make RSA landlords insurance especially attractive is the ability to tailor it entirely to meet your particular needs and requirements by choosing any combination of the following elements:

  • property damage insurance – which in the case of RSA policies may include cover for the building or buildings, the landlord’s contents and loss of rental income following an insured incident;
  • cover against loss or damage resulting from terrorist acts;
  • liabilities indemnities – which might include any combination of property owner’s liability, employer’s liability cover, legal defence costs or even the landlord’s potential liability for outbreaks of legionnaire’s disease (legionellosis liability); and
  • legal expenses liability.

RSA policies, therefore, offer a novel way of picking mixing elements of cover in a way that offers you precisely the landlord insurance you need.

We have more insurers on our panel that can give you competitive quotes. Get prices from NIG, Zurich, LV and more.