Landlord's Liability Insurance

house 270px 1

See what you could save by comparing over 20 insurers
Select your quote type below or

Call now on and Quote Ref WS2
Quote House with Garage

I want to insure a residential let property

Get Quotes

I want to insure a commercial let property

Get Quotes
Quote Telephone Box

Please call me back I need Liability Insurance advice

Request a Callback


  • All types of flats insured
  • Many tenant types acceptable
  • Up to 90 days cover for vacant properties
  • Excellent rates
  • Multi property discounts
  • Immediate cover online

Landlord's Liability Insurance

Landlord’s liability insurance provides key protection for your investment property and is designed to protect you against any legal costs and compensation awards associated with a claim by a third party.

No matter how good you are ensuring that your property meets health and safety regulations, accidents can and do happen – and you could face the blame. This is even more so in today’s litigious society and with the ever-increasing number of no-win no-fee lawyers who advertise their services.

With court costs and awards potentially running in to tens of thousands of pounds, being without this cover and then a claim being made against you could see you lose everything you have worked so hard for.

Having an appropriate level of protection will protect you from the financial ramifications of claims being made against you, as well as protecting your reputation.

So, what does liability insurance refer to?

There are three different types of Landlord's Liability Insurance that may be appropriate for you:

  • Landlord's Public Liability insurance;
  • Employer's Liability insurance;
  • Landlord's Contents Liability cover.

Landlord's Public Liability Insurance for buildings is generally not available as a standalone policy and is normally incorporated into your landlords building insurance as standard.

This part of the policy is intended to cover your legal liability should your tenant or indeed any person on your premises suffer an injury on or related to your property that could be perceived to be due to your negligence.

You may wish to check that the sum insured is adequate enough for your needs.Employer's Liability Insurance. While the majority of buy to let insurance policies provide basic employer’s liability insurance cover, this is typically restricted to domestic employees only.

If you feel that you require additional cover for other staff, such as maintenance people or administrators, then you may need to buy a specialist policy to cover this.

Landlords Contents Liability is typically not included in a landlord's contents policy and nor is generally available on a standalone basis. The most common way for people to protect against contents liability claims is by adding contents liability to a standard landlord's contents insurance policy.

If you require further advice on this area please do not hesitate to contact us. Liability insurance is such an important part of your financial protection, that it is imperative you get it right. We will be very happy to help with this.