Axa Landlords Insurance
Save up to 30% on your renewal premium
Up to £20k free contents cover available
Many tenant types acceptable
25% multi building discount available
Greatest buy to let deals available
Up to 13 weeks cover for vacant properties
Axa landlords insurance
Size might not be everything, but if you choose Axa landlords insurance you are buying from one of the largest insurance companies in the world – a company with an estimated 102 million customers in 56 countries worldwide.
Why is specialist cover required?
With buy to let property very much like any other property, including your own home, you might wonder why specialist cover is required simply because you are a landlord.
The answer lies in the fact not only that let property, occupied by tenants, is exposed to a different order of risk than an owner occupied home but also that a landlord has a business interest to protect in the buy to let property. Simply put, a home might be for you to live in, but a buy to let property is for you to run as a business.
What does it cover?
- With those fundamental principles of safeguarding the landlord’s business interest, but to let insurance typically includes the following main elements:
- building insurance – to safeguard the landlord’s capital investment – which generally provides protection against such major threats as fire, flooding, impacts, storm damage, escape of water and vandalism, with insurance against subsidence sometimes also being included either as a standard feature or available as optional cover;
- contents insurance – to protect possessions and furnishing owned by the landlord;
- public liability insurance – to indemnify the landlord against potential claims from tenants, visitors or members of the public who have suffered personal injury or had their property damaged through some kind of contact with the property;
- loss of rental income – compensation for disruption to the principal income stream of the business following an insured event making the accommodation temporarily untenantable; and
- cover for the cost of approved legal expenses – the defence of claims or the pursuit of disputes with tenants, for instance.
Why choose a landlord insurance policy by Axa?
For a clear picture of the landlords insurance offered by Axa, you might want to use our quote and buy service.
Very briefly this is described by the insurer as commercial landlord insurance and Axa reminds customers that if they hold a policy for the home they previously lived in but now want to let out to tenants, the company must be informed (and landlords insurance arranged).
With respect to the standard elements of but to let insurance, Axa may currently stand out for the relatively high - £10 million – of property owner’s indemnity offered.
Axa’s landlord insurance policies may also be tailored – through an extensive list of optional extras – to meet whatever particular needs and requirements you may have.