Holiday Home Insurance

house 270px 3

Get an instant online Multi Quote 
Select your quote type below or

Call now on and Quote Ref WS2
Quote Large House

I want to insure a UK holiday home

Get Quotes
Quote House with Garage

I want to insure an overseas holiday home

Get Quotes
Quote Telephone Box

Please call me back I need advice on insuring a holiday home

Request a Callback


  • Unique and exclusive insurance schemes
  • Low prices with value-added policies
  • Security of A rated insurers
  • Claim alternative accommodation costs of up to 25% of the sum assured
  • Policies can include theft & malicious damage
  • Contents cover available for unoccupied property

Holiday Home Insurance

More and more people in the United Kingdom are buying second homes, to be used as that weekend get away or country retreat. Most insurers will not provide cover for properties that are used as holiday homes due to the increased liability for renting to holiday makers or due to long periods of unoccupancy. UKinsuranceNET can provide insurance cover whether you use the property as your own holiday retreat, occasionally or frequently, or if you let your property to holiday makers. Also, the dream of owning a holiday home abroad has become a reality with many people now owning overseas properties.

Standard Home insurance or Landlords insurance would not be suitable for you as the owner of a holiday home overseas or in the UK. It is vital that you take out a specialist holiday home insurance policy. UKinsuranceNET can recommend UK holiday home buildings insurance, holiday home contents insurance and overseas holiday home insurance. We currently provide cover for holiday homes, holiday lets or second homes in the UK and holiday home insurance in Europe including Ireland, Spain, France, Portugal and Cyprus. We can also provide cover for caravan holiday homes.

With the risks of owning a holiday home in the UK or abroad being substantially greater than with your main residence; your insurance policy needs to be understandable and written in plain English. UKinsuranceNET have an extensive panel of providers, and all policies are designed around the needs of UK residents who own second homes, or holiday let property abroad as well as in the UK, combining locally tailored cover with the reassurance of English language documents and UK back-office service and support. In the event of a claim there would be no need to discuss a claim with a foreign agent and policyholders can speak directly to English based insurers who will liaise with overseas loss adjusters.

For holiday homes which are let on short term contracts you need to ensure you have the correct policy. Specialist holiday let insurance can provide full cover during periods when the property remains unoccupied and not let.

As with all property owners insurance, you must ensure that all of the cover elements you require are included on your holiday home insurance policy .Vital cover can be provided for:-

  • Buildings
  • Contents
  • Public Liability

We are unable to offer cover for valuables and personal possessions under a holiday home insurance policy