Commercial Buildings

house 270px 4

We compare 20 insurers to save you time & money.
Select your quote type below or

Call now on and Quote Ref WS2
Quote Shop

I want to insure an occupied commercial property

Get Quotes

I want to insure a commercial building whilst it is unoccupied

Get Quotes
Quote Telephone Box

Please call me back I need commercial property insurance advice

Request a Callback


  • Premiums from only £150 a year
  • Free communal contents
  • Cover available for unoccupied property
  • Discounts for landlords with multiple property
  • Up to 25% no claims discount available
  • Our average customer saves 30%

Commercial Buildings Insurance

If there is any element of commercial use to a let property you must use a Specialist commercial property insurance. Failure to do so could invalidate your claim. Where the majority of usage is domestic then a standard landlord's insurance policy may suffice.

Cover Required

Buildings Insurance is a must and can be used to insure against fire, lightning, storm, and flood, impact from aircraft or vehicles and escape of water from tanks or pipes. As with all property owners insurance the buildings should be insured for their full rebuilding cost and not for the market value. There are a number of optional extras available with a commercial buildings insurance policy that are generally available as standard on a let residential policy, the most notable of which is subsidence cover. In addition commercial polices do not normally include loss of rent cover; If the property is let this is a must.

Liability insurance is generally included as standard with a commercial buildings policy, however cover is restricted to the buildings if there are any contents additional cover must be sought to cover the contents liability risk.

If you run your own business from your property, you can take out a commercial combined policy which offers range of protection for your stock, business fixtures and fittings, money, business interruption, goods in transit and liabilities. This type of cover may prove more cost effective than having a separate commercial buildings insurance policy and commercial contents and liability policy. If you let the property, your business tenant would need to take specialist commercial insurance, tenant's contents insurance would not provide sufficient cover for their business stock or liability.

If there is no business currently operating from your property then you will need unoccupied commercial property insurance. Again this must be a specialist commercial unoccupied property insurance from a provider who would be happy to cover such a risk. Often this type of policy restrict the cover to the basic perils such as fire lightning, earthquake and explosion. In addition there may be additional requirements imposed with regards to security, utilities and inspection.

If you have any questions relating to your commercial buildings insurance then why not call one of our advisors on 0844 875 55 55 quoting WS2 who would be happy to help.