ABC Insurance

abc 2

ABC Insurance was formerly a start-up insurance company established by John O'Roarke, formerly MD of Churchill Insurance and a senior executive of Direct Line, together with other former Direct Line executives.  ABC Insurance was acquired in 2007 by the Liverpool Victoria (LV=) group of companies.

Liverpool Victoria is the UK’s largest friendly society and its history goes back to 1843, providing peace of mind that you are dealing with a well-established, reputable, company.

Because it is a friendly society, there are no shareholders and the company is owned entirely by their policyholders. This means that the LV group invest their profits into offering competitive products as well as outstanding customer service for their policyholders.

ABC Insurance’s Head Office is in Croydon, Surrey. The company focuses on building strong relationships with insurance brokers.  Their products (which are currently motor and home insurance) and services are created to help brokers meet the individual needs of their customers. They are sold exclusively through their network of more than 1,700 FCA authorised insurance brokers across the UK and Northern Ireland.

Landlord insurance

Landlord insurance is a necessity for any owner of a let property. This insurance not only covers the structure of the building against the usual risks faced by any property (such as loss, damage or destruction caused by fire, flood and lightning etc), but also the risks faced by having someone living in a property that you are responsible for.

If your let property is mortgaged, then it will typically be a condition of your contract with your mortgage provider that you have adequate buildings insurance in place to protect both your financial interests in the property.

Basic landlord’s insurance cover will have elements of landlord’s liability insurance to meet any costs associated with legal costs (as well as compensation awards) in the event of a successful claim. Most policies have options to add on additional cover, such as malicious damage by tenant, subsidence insurance or loss of rental income insurance .

If required, landlords can also opt for contents cover too if their property is part or fully furnished.

ABC Insurance and Landlord insurance

Currently, ABC Insurance do not offer landlords insurance via its network of brokers.