Unoccupied Property Insurance


  • Short term cover available with no cancellation charge.
  • Monthly premiums with interest free direct debit .
See how much you can save by calling us on
0844 875 55 55
Quote Ref WS2    

Get a domestic quote Request a call back Get a commercial property quote

Click here to check our opening hours
Online quotes available 24/7. To find out more about our range of landlords insurance policies, please see information below.

Why UKinsurancenet?


Short term cover with no cancellation charge.


Interest free direct debit available.


Comprehensive cover available.


Immediate Cover.


Policies can include theft & malicious damage.


Contents cover available for unoccupied property.



Unoccupied Property Insurance Advice Service

If you have questions about any aspect of unoccupied property insurance, please speak to one of our highly trained UK based insurance advisers. Call us now or submit an enquiry

Landlords Insurance Enquiry

Unoccupied Property Insurance

A standard home insurance policy is not suitable for a domestic property that is unoccupied. Many of the valued features of home insurance or landlords insurance would be invalid if the property were left unoccupied for a significant period.

Most owner occupied and landlords insurance policies have a specified period after which cover is reduced should the property remain unoccupied; typically this is 30-60 days. For a property that is to remain unoccupied an Unoccupied Property insurance policy would be necessary.

If your property is only to be unoccupied for a short period then a home insurance policy or landlords insurance could still be suitable. UKinsurancenet Zurich Landlords insurance policy allows the property to be unoccupied for a period of 90 days before a reduction of cover applies. This is longer than many other policies and provides greater peace of mind where a property is to remain untenanted for a short period.

As with most other property owners insurance there are different cover options available:-

  • Buildings Insurance.
  • Contents Insurance.
  • Public Liability Insurance for Buildings.
  • Public Liability Insurance for Contents.

If the property is used for any commercial purposes this will again require a different policy. Standard commercial buildings insurance would not be suitable for a property that will remain unoccupied for any length of time. A specialist unoccupied commercial property insurance would need to be put in place. A residential unoccupied property insurance policy would also be unsuitable as a commercial property would be an unacceptable risk to insurers.

If you have any queries about your requirements please do not hesitate to contact one of our advisors.